If only life had a rewind button eh? Just undertaken my daily networking at my local supermarket. I shop every single day and still there's nothing in for tea ðŸ˜‚. Anyway I bump into someone I've known off and on for years. We don't know each other well but well enough to stop and chat whilst shopping and I'd not seen her since her Mum passed away. So I stopped and I offered my condolences and we chatted and within seconds we were talking about how absolutely devastating it is to lose your Mum. Stood there between the sauce bottles to our left and the cake decorations to our right. Me, being the one who lost my Mum first trying to reassure her that what she was feeling was normal and out of my mouth came the words "I felt like a child again when my Mum died" but that's exactly what I was wasn't I? I was my Mum's child so how else would I feel? I felt like an orphan when my beautiful Mum passed. Even though I was a Mum myself at the time I felt like an orphan and there between the sauce bottles and the cake decorations we had a little weep the two of us and it felt right and, in a strange way, it felt good. Putting a brave face on may fool the outside world but even though we're adults we're still allowed to cry when we hurt, we're still allowed to feel small and vulnerable, we're still allowed to voice our grief, we're still allowed to need a hug. Realizing that we too have the right to be that child can only make us happier, stronger adults capable of supporting others who need our love. You're never too old to miss your Mum or anyone who you loved. Grief is the price we pay for having experienced a truly wonderful gift of love and nothing can ever take it away but hurt is something that can be soothed just by sharing it with someone else...as the sauce bottle said to the cake decoration ❤️❤️❤️❤️xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog